The Art Trail Centre Holidays - Abroad
European Painting Holidays with Jill McKay's Art Trail Centre
Welcome to Jill McKay's Art Trail Centre Non UK Painting Holidays ©
French Painting Holidays
France 2013 Brantome 'la Venise du la Dordogne -
2013 bookings now being taken see below Ref 0713 July 2013 enquire or book now, note we are in the process of updating 2014 our brochure
The rest of the holiday 2013 information is under construction but we have left information of other holidays for your general information
GIFT VOUCHERS FOR THAT SPECIAL PERSON for holidays or anything else
We have reserved the date for this holiday and are taking enquiries, please contact us for more information. The information below relates to last years event 2013 will be a single venue with some travel tolocal villages which are in easy commute from Brantome - we will have something very special!!
Yes painting on location in the wonderful and popular Dordogne. The areas of Perigord Blanc (white) and Perigord Noir (Black) are distinctly different offering us an abundance of painting choices.Beautiful and quaint French villages, rivers and prehistoric rocks have inspired many a painter and now it's time to enjoy them for yourself!
Your stay will be in Brantome a delightful setting near the river. From this base, we will be visiting 3 enchanting nearby locations. These towns and villages have been especially chosen for their beauty, colour, landscape painting opportunities and location. Your accommodation will be B&B with lots flexibility in choosing your mealtime combinations when on location. You may eat in or out.
Activities and art sessions are in abundance so your time here can be relaxed or as active as you wish.
The French Region of Perigord Blanc (Dordogne) is close to Aquitaine, Poitou Charente's, Limousine and Midi Pyrenees; this region is an absolute artist’s paradise; you will be painting in carefully selected locations, including quiet, relaxing villages or within beautiful landscape scenery. You will be taken to many beautiful landscapes, reflections and picturesque views for you to draw, paint and photograph. Cafés and restaurants, painting opportunities outdoors, what more could you wish for?
This a fantastic, value packed holiday and effectively you just have to consider your mode of transport to get to us as most other things are covered within this artists' package. Limoges is our preferred and closest airport but if for some reason flights from your area do not go to this airport please contact us to discuss other solutions. The links below will take you to some of the airlines who fly to Limoges.
A very high percentage of people book on this evening so do not leave your reservation too late.Well you now have a good feeling about the holiday location but what about us? please see our holiday feedback below; after all it's your painting holiday'This has been confirmed through the exceptional positive feedback of students using Jill McKay's events.
Some of our recent student comments
We aim for the same feedback every year, and strive to better our standards in every aspect.
"Thank you for such a another wonderful week, our third year. We thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to see you again - Neil & Moira.
Dear Jill & Brian, I just wanted to drop you a line, to thank you both very much for a fantasic painitng holiday. I enjoyed myself so much and am keen to carry on sketching and painting in whatever spare time I have. My eyes have been opened again to the joy of painting and how peaceful and rewarding it can be - thank you - Tracey.
" A fabulous week we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very relaxed and everyone seemed to get on very well. The accommodation was a great experience with incredible cooking - a very professionally organised week" Jo & David.
"Thank you for a fabulous week, the best yet and my second year" Jax.
"My third year with you Jill and every year gets better - brilliant" Pam.
" I had my first painting holiday with you in 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed 2007 - Mel"
"I have been on many painting holidays over the past 20 years with many artists and I can honestly say this was the best and most professionally organised - thank you both. - Gordon".
"Very well organised holiday with lots of choice, venues, painting, activities. I wondered if I would be okay coming on my own but I needn't have worried, it was really great and so much fun too" - Jeremy 2009/11
Jeremy had his first year with us and is looking forward to another year
"In particular, enjoyed the "Chinese" painting effect technique which was ideal for white paper phobia. Very good company - thanks to everyone" - Neil 2009/10/11/12.
New to painting and first painting holiday - "I was terrified at first but then I told myself just relax and I enjoyed the rest of the holiday, a great week"- Margaret . Now I come every year it's great - 2009/10/11/12
The information below will hopefully provide you with more information to assist your choice of painting holidays in France, we do hope our insight to 2013 will fill you with the same feeling we have every time we visit these places and we look forward to hearing from you.
A day on location!
All photographs are copyright protected© Jill McKay
Tariff 2013 please contact us
We aim to provide excellent value for money and are pleased to offer the following per person half board tariffs based on TWIN OR DOUBLE accommodation for 7 nights B&B.
Painting Holidays Abroad - France - Perigord (PDF file) (generous discounts for second artist sharing a room or non painting partner)
- All prices include; Collection and return to French airport or railway station,
- All transport during the week,
- Accommodation - double or twin, easy walking into town and restraurants, even easier walking back!
- 7 nights B&B, you may eat in if you wish
- Full tuition, Demonstrations, full use of all facilities and painting days out.
- Prices per person on the above basis are from (and exclude any local tourist taxes which vary - approx 1+Euro per day per person):
- 2 artists sharing en suite room £495
- Artist with own en suite room £575
- Non painting partner sharing with artist £475
- If you need other or special accommodation we can arrange this individually.
Due to the fluctuation of the Euro vv the pound price may vary, as you can appreciate this is beyond our control, we aim to fix the rates within our terms and conditions. Although it can not be used as a basis for the future, we have never had to implement supplements on our holidays to date.
Brochure & more information
- For a colour brochure please contact us or if you have Broadband internet
- You will need Adobe to read this file which is freely available from the Adobe website.
- To enquire about more information or contact us enquire here A briefing pack will be sent you following receipt of payment
- To reserve or pre book your event, please use this link.
- This holiday will be different to our last painting holidays in France.
- This providing you with an even better choice of places to paint.
- Of course we arrange everything and transport you and your equipment.
- Previous holiday students will find this holiday a real joy to paint.
- From the time you arrive by car, train or aircraft we put all our efforts into providing excellent service.
- Our aim is for air conditioned transport to be available to transport to and from the airport and throughout the week.
- With the changing air flight regulations we recommend you check with your airline for baggage or other special conditions.
- This will ensure you pack the items you need to bring in the correct bag!
- Flights to the preferred airport above are obtainable from many airlines and UK airports. 2013 is Limoges
- It may be possible for other solutions from Bordeaux or Bergerac airports at extra cost.
- Some new air routes may mature during the year, if this happens please contact us.
- Visit the sites below for more information on flights to France.
The holiday is fully tutored with plenty of demonstrations so you can enjoy out door painting at it's best.
Our schedule for the week will take you to various locations in and around the Dordogne Perigord Blanc, Noir and it's bordering villages to ensure you obtain the very best locations for painting in your preferred media.
The accommodation is French with a special taste charm. We have use of the other rooms, terrace, enclosed garden and facilities. All bedrooms are clean, well decorated and are twin or double bedrooms. Breakfast is varies by location, typically French but in crtain places we will provide a good English breakfast if required.
Breakfast is included for all residents. Tea, coffee, wine and other drinks are available all day if required at a small extra cost, norally we just buy in bulk and share accordingly. For those who wish to explore the towns we will visit will offer a very wide choice of restaurants, bars and cafe's. Meal prices range from 10 Euro upwards, depending on your taste, preferences and where you eat.
For more information click on any of the following links
Dorset for you
Information Great Britain
Hampshire things to do
Flybe - Flights
Ryan Air - Flights
BA - Flights